Piercing the Fog

(For all the women who have said, "He's not the man I married")

We've grown old
And nothing stays the same, it seems
Like hot and cold
What once was steam
Has now become the fog that's risen in between us.

I find the one I thought I knew
Was never really you,
You know?

Turned to frost
The fire that made us glow inside
Forever lost
We try to hide
If we seek each other now, we're sure to just collide

The one I swore I loved and knew
Was never really you,
You know?

Should it end?
Should I send
These words my worried heart has penned?
Or pretend
We can't mend
A love-live I can't comprehend?

Seems unfair
Love my misconception, live with you
Here's my prayer
May it come true
Somehow through the fog of distance truth comes shining through.

Bury the one I thought I knew
And lovingly seek you
To know.

No comments: