Psalm 27:1, 4, 14

1. The Lord is my light

He is the one who lightens my path so that I don’t stumble and shows me the proper way to go

And my salvation

He saved me from the penalty of sin

He is saving me from the power of sin

He will save me from the presence of sin

Whom shall I fear?

Do not fear men who can kill the body, and after that can do nothing

The Lord is the defense of my life

Do not take your own revenge beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God

I am silent, because the Lord is my answer

Whom shall I dread?


4. One thing I have asked of the Lord, that I shall seek:

There’s only one thing important enough to ask and seek it

Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness

That I may dwell in the house of the Lord, all the days of my life

I want eternal life with Jesus! That’s the important thing!

To behold the beauty of the Lord

No man can see God and live…until perfected in His image

And to meditate in His temple

Not the earthly temple…the one that is in heaven!


14. Wait for the Lord

Let God work in His own timing

Be strong and let your heart take courage

Waiting is hard work…it takes strength and courage of heart

Yes, wait for the Lord!

God is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we ask or hope, and He will delight to fulfill the desires of our hearts. We have only to wait for His timing.

No comments: