Your search led you here. A dissappointment, perhaps, but better than the place your search will eventually take you—HELL. It’s not a cuss-word, it’s a place of eternal torment, reserved for those who don’t live up to God’s standards.
What are God’s standards?
1. You shall have no gods before Me -- sex, TV, money, work, fitness, power, yourself
2. You shall not make any idols -- pornography, possessions, fame, alcohol, gambling,
3. You shall not take God’s name in vain -- using it as a cuss-word: Jesus! Jesus Christ! God!
4. Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and mother
6. You shall not murder --“Everyone who is angry with his brother is guilty...and whoever shall say ‘you fool!’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell!” (Matthew 5:22)
7. You shall not commit adultery -- “Any man who looks at a woman to lust after her, has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:28)
8. You shall not steal – even a small theft is stealing
9. You shall not bear false witness – a small lie is still a lie
10. You shall not covet anyone’s house, wife, servants, animals, or ANYTHING that belongs to someone else.
Do you measure up?
Or are you a profane, murderous, adulterous, lying, theiving, covetous idolater? “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of ALL.” (James 2:10)
Congratulations, join the entire human race. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
And that means death—eternal death. God must punish sin. “When lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin, and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death” (James 1:15)
But wait--there’s good news!
“For the wages of sin is death, BUT the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus, our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
“Christ died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God.” (1 Peter 3:18)
“He (God) made Him (Jesus) who knew no sin, to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God!” (2 Corinthians 5:21)
God chose to punish sin in the person of His own perfect Son, so that we might be redeemed from hell.
How can you claim this redemption?
“If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you shall be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
“Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever comes to God must first believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)
Want to hear it from the mouth of Jesus himself?
He says: “I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in me whall live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. DO YOU BELIEVE THIS?” (John 11:25)
Who is this Jesus? Why should you believe in Him? Read the Gospel of John—in the New Testament of the Bible.